Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What do you guys think? Armenian w/ non-Armenian?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think? Armenian w/ non-Armenian?

Originally posted by parthiapride
    I've seen Armenoids darker than the average north hindi.

Trust me on that.

If not anything else...
    If you don't mind me asking,what are you?

Comment

Originally posted by dsarkasian
      If you don't mind me asking,what are you?

Go look in the mirror and ask the same question.

Comment

Originally posted by parthiapride
        Go look in the mirror and ask the same question.
        I'm Armenian and I don't need to look in a mirror. Why won't you answer my question?

Comment

Originally posted by dsarkasian
          I'm Armenian and I don't need to look in a mirror. Why won't you answer my question?

You've looked at all my posts and can't make an honest conclusion?

I was Armenian in a past life.

All right?

Right now I'm Zero the Hero...

Comment

Ok well i dont see anything wrong with Armenians and non Armenians. Frankly i dont know any Armenian girls, even though i would like to meet one, i have yet to meet an Armenian girl.

Im from Canada and i guess there isnt much Armenians in British Columbia, so i guess i should date Canadian girls because as someone pointed out i dont love my country (Armenia) or its culture? Give me a break. And im not gona get married to a stranger, but someone i love, so its probably gona be a Canadian girl, and it doesnt matter if her ethnicity is German or English or whatever if she is Christian thats good enough for me. Im not gona go to Armenia and meet the family of a girl i just met and marry her. If i lived in L.A where there is alot of Armenians my thoughts might be different and i might agree with you guys.

Comment

Where in BC are you from? I am originally from Cambell River.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                Where in BC are you from? I am originally from Cambell River.
                You must be desperate to have reached the stage of enquiring about the details of someone with the name "crotchrocket". The search for exotica should have its limits!
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                  You must be desperate to have reached the stage of enquiring about the details of someone with the name "crotchrocket". The search for exotica should have its limits!
                  That was a very good post. Now let's see if the advice is well received.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Armenian vs non-Armenian.
                    Is it love that we seek or just having fun.
                    Do we seek our own happiness or satisfy the constraints imposed by the community.

That is the dichotomy we're faced with. In a country like this, where an Armenian is the minority, expectations and pressure is increased many times over, by friends, family, and community. But one thing that is forgotten, because the Armenian is a minority, there's not much to choose from.

Compatability, understanding, and relationship development is tossed to the side as we size each other up solely based on success. I've yet to hear a family say that their daughter is with a well rounded, intelligent, loving man. It's always "he's rich", "he has a car", "he has his own business". It's all good to have, but that's superficial.

What compounds the issue even more is the inter-armenian prejudice that pevails. We're all Armenians yet one is Egyptian, the other Greek, the other Lebanese, the other Iranian, etc, etc. And let's not get started if you're from one church or the other.

What I've seen is either the parents like you, and the girl doesn't, or the girl likes you and the parents don't. And I have seen couples boken apart over foolish ideals.

I've also seen how armenian girls don't like the boys because they're to archaic in opinion in terms of the feamle role in society, and the boys don't like the girls because they do not like (actually can't handle) the independent woman.

It's even worse for the 1st generation born. You're too canadian for armenians, and too armenian for canadians. Yet the non-armenian is willing to put the time to make something out of a relationship, while with Armenians it's a show-n-tell.

at the end of the day, happiness is a selfiish commodity, and one must follow his or her path to find it. Regardless what expectations are. I've been there and done that.

A grand-mother's advice given to me "for every girl there is a guy, but for every woman there isn't a man"

A non-typical response from a typical guy
                    John

Comment

Not at all I just found it interesting that someone else is from BC, let alone Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X