Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vote now: Armenia-diaspora-turkey relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote now: Armenia-diaspora-turkey relations

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    Really? Thanks for letting me know, Palavra. Most Muslim's have more then one wife so or at least have the right to have more then one wife so you can understand my confusion. In most countries, Muslims have tons of children so that's basically why I said that. No disrespect intended although I'm almost completely against that.

Saco and Karothgreat; this is terrible news about Serge's top secrecy to negotiate with turkey and not discussing the matters with his own cabinet, his own government, the citizens of Armenia nor his compatriots Karabagh's governing bodies and the citizens of Karabagh.

So do I but for some reason, I can't seem to feel that way .

You'd be surprised ... He's doing this to brighten up his career. Yesterday, one very serious person was stating that no one trusts Serj anymore and now he want's to open the borders and basically look better in the eyes of the European gov. Can you believe this midget? He's doing all this for his CAREER. Inch vochkhar joghovurdenk ara bayts. Kutu vontsenk AMEN ANKAM UTUM? Kani ankam petka kututsnen glkhneris vor haskananank inch enk anum? Yes batsi mezanits VOCHMEKIN CHEM MEGHADRUM.

I don't blame anyone but the Armenian people. Period.

I don't blame SERJ alone, I blame the Armenian people the most because we allowed punks to rule our country physically and mentally. This is what we asked for ...

Let's pack our bags friends . . . because I don't see anyone standing up to this. The Armenians should be barging into parliament right now and working together because if they don't ... everything's over. Who cares though? Right now, I can't see all this happening, no one is working together, so I'm slowly preparing to meet a bunch of Turks in Zvartnots while I wait for my flight. If this is how my people are going to be dealing with my country then I don't want to live here anymore and see her suffer. I can't help my country alone. We all have to work together. And if I can't, I don't want to live here anymore.

My hopes will never die ... I'll always help our people unite ... but I'm starting to hate these xxxxxes here more then EVER. Let's see what they have in store for us once these borders open and SCREW THEM if they harm my country again like they have for 18 years . Screw them all. Duk mayrakan kat chek khumel curisner! You are not Armenians.

YOU ARE TRAITORS
    Saco jan, couldn't the people start a revolution against Serge's government to take over the parliament and put reliable people on the throne so to speak? I always wondered why the people of Armenia of today did not vote for Tashangtsoutyoun; man they are the only real real real government you could trust. They are 119 year old 'gousagtsoutyoun' with real patriotic, I mean patriotic feelings towards their country and their people. They may have made some mistakes in the past; but they have also created from a very tired and massacre inflicted people an Armenian Republic in 1918 of course with the help of the people; and their heart and soul were always towards their beloved people and their beloved land.

Again, couldn't the people rise up and take over the parliament? I mean a revolution to end this mascarade. Like you guys said it in here, anything but trusting the turks. They are very cunning and NOT to be trusted. What can I say, I wish the people would rise, after all it's their country and it's their rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Anoush; 04-30-2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Now everyone here, you see why Tashnagtsoutyoun have killed most Armenian traitors? Can anyone blame them now? Now do you see why? Because they are "tsets" "tsets" vermin for our country, for our fine people and for our land. Someone who sells out his country for his selfish pride, for power, for career, for money, for his life or even his family's life because they are threathened do you think is a worthy person????? To me my country FIRST above and above everything and everyone!!!!! And every person and individual who is a governing body should think and ACT this way or else.
      Last edited by Anoush; 04-30-2009, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I understand how worrying this is but we shouldn’t jump to conclusions. Nothing is going to happen until October when Serj will go to Turkey for the final agreements prior to boarder opening.

As far as I can tell no one (Armenia, Turkey, Azeris) really wants the boarder open other than the West. Obama on his visit to Turkey told them that they must drop their preconditions of Armenia returning 5 out of 7 buffer Zones back to Azeris and stop asking for AG issue to be dissolved or I will use the G word on April 24th (not exactly in those words of course). He also had told both leaders to reach a preliminary agreement before the 24th, which they have. The road map extensive details are not being revealed as of yet (at preliminary stage) but they will be before boarder opening, so as they say. What is puzzling for me is the deafening silence coming from Russia, anybody know what they are saying?

Turkish sources say (assuming it is correct) that economy is not a big factor in this boarder opening. Back in 1994 Armenia and Turkey trades were some like $50 Million, today it is up to $450 Million.

I don’t think this as simple as we may think (Armenian leaders selling their country), Armenia is a lever by itself that can be used by superpowers who want more influence and control in the area………..I imagine a caricature of titter totter with US on one end and Russia on the other with Armenia as a fulcrum? Armenia as a Peace Maker? Maybe not, maybe is about the routing of oil and gas but a stronger “Armenian wedge” might be beneficial to all.

Either way, the thought of events happening in Armenia as described by Saco is very much a worry (possible nightmare) for the people where the State may not really consider or see it as we do.

Above statements are all my own personnel speculations with no reference.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          What is puzzling for me is the deafening silence coming from Russia, anybody know what they are saying?
          It puzzles and worries me too.
          There's some good Russia-observers here, what's happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            Nothing is going to happen until October when Serj will go to Turkey for the final agreements prior to boarder opening.
            Yes but Eddo jan if the people of Armenia waits until the last moment in October, it will be too late to reverse matters; if things are in the wrong tracks for our Republic. The people should know now what exactly is happening!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
              Let's pack our bags friends . . . because I don't see anyone standing up to this. The Armenians should be barging into parliament right now and working together because if they don't ... everything's over. Who cares though? Right now, I can't see all this happening, no one is working together, so I'm slowly preparing to meet a bunch of Turks in Zvartnots while I wait for my flight. If this is how my people are going to be dealing with my country then I don't want to live here anymore and see her suffer. I can't help my country alone. We all have to work together. And if I can't, I don't want to live here anymore.
              Pack your bags and leave? Just the opposite, young Jedi.
              The committed should be considering packing their bags and heading to Zvartnots.

I remember the numbers of guys leaving in the early 90s, going anywhere rather than put a uniform on. Even now many of them can only go back by paying or serving time. They probably were more of them than diasporans coming in.
              (army patrols checking every incoming flight for draft-dodgers)

Comment

rebelling selected goverment is called as traitorship.. Anyway, a bloody rebellion would be a good thing for enemy of ROA.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                  Pack your bags and leave? Just the opposite, young Jedi.
                  The committed should be considering packing their bags and heading to Zvartnots.

I remember the numbers of guys leaving in the early 90s, going anywhere rather than put a uniform on. Even now many of them can only go back by paying or serving time. They probably were more of them than diasporans coming in.
                  (army patrols checking every incoming flight for draft-dodgers)
                  Very good and a just observation Hrai jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
                    rebelling selected goverment is called as traitorship.. Anyway, a bloody rebellion would be a good thing for enemy of ROA.
                    And Palavra you're so smart and outspoken; why is all of these are done ever so secretly between the two presidents without letting the people of our Republic know and the other collaborating parties know? And what if the government or the head of the government is acting as a traitor? Then what the good people of Armenia should do? But I can't ask you that, because you think first and above all for turkey and of course I for Armenia.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 04-30-2009, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      Yes but Eddo jan if the people of Armenia waits until the last moment in October, it will be too late to reverse matters; if things are in the wrong tracks for our Republic. The people should know now what exactly is happening!!!!!
                      The plans are never revealed to the people. I am thinking that the West is pushing the issue to establish the new world order. They know that any disruption in that area of the world will also disrupt the flow of oil around the world. Israel doesn't plan on attacking Iran, they want the West to impose more sanctions hoping that hurting the Iranian people will force them to take their frustration out on its government. The world leaders feel that they now have military and political control in all critical parts of the world and once everyone is tied together, just one disturbance can cause a domino effect.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X