Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Such concerns did not stop Turky from interfering in Syria did they?
    Syrian invasion and Karabagh war are not the same in several levels. First of all the West was not pushing for Turkey to invade Armenia because of Karabagh, and in Syria they need Turkish support to arm the rebels, Turks don't hate Syrians like they do Armenians and Syria is not in the way of Turkic expansion.
    The Russians were instrumental in discouraging Turkey from attacking Armenia even though the West and NATO would not have supported Turkey's move that could have resemble continuation of Genocide in the eyes of the world. Turkey is doing in Syria what was asked of in Afghanistan and Iraq, doing western's bidding, but when it comes to us Armenians we hold a special place in Turkey's heart.

If you doubt Armenia will be overrun by the Turk the moment Russia decides not to defend us then you also suffer from delusional thinking which seems to be a big problem among many Armenians i guess. I do not know why so many of you think leaving Armenia exposed to a savage bloodthirsty neighbor who has proven many times over that it has the will and the means to exterminate us is a acceptable risk. You have to believe that either Armenia can defend herself or that some other power will come to its rescue and be kinder to us then Russia has been. I just do not see either scenario as being realistic but hey i did not put my rose colored glasses on today...
    Turks will try to finish us off the first chance they get.....however an independent Armenia is most important to Russian security and influence in and beyond the region. As much as we can't effort to be without Russians holding the Turkic hordes back Russian (and Iran) also cannot effort to loose the Armenian "Wedge", which will be the beginning of their end. Does that make sense?
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

LOL gegev.
      If you do not agree about the post lets hear it.
      Just the word IDIOT itself is not the lowest in rank worth applying in liew of so many mistakes and misconceptions in us.
      I feel I must say again that it does not apply to any particular member here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        Syrian invasion and Karabagh war are not the same in several levels. First of all the West was not pushing for Turkey to invade Armenia because of Karabagh, and in Syria they need Turkish support to arm the rebels, Turks don't hate Syrians like they do Armenians and Syria is not in the way of Turkic expansion.
        The Russians were instrumental in discouraging Turkey from attacking Armenia even though the West and NATO would not have supported Turkey's move that could have resemble continuation of Genocide in the eyes of the world. Turkey is doing in Syria what was asked of in Afghanistan and Iraq, doing western's bidding, but when it comes to us Armenians we hold a special place in Turkey's heart.

Turks will try to finish us off the first chance they get.....however an independent Armenia is most important to Russian security and influence in and beyond the region. As much as we can't effort to be without Russians holding the Turkic hordes back Russian (and Iran) also cannot effort to loose the Armenian "Wedge", which will be the beginning of their end. Does that make sense?

Turkey got involved in Syria or iraq earlier because of wests green light.
        I don't expect them to have such an opportunity as long as our government continues current foreign policies.
        Main part of that policy is keeping russia involved in our security.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
          You think turks can be trusted? After centuries of relations, look, they commited genocide....
          You think Iran, Georgia, Arabs, USA, any and all european countries can be trusted? CHINA CAN BE TRUSTED???
          What kind of idiot is the nation that searches for a trustworthy ally?
          Do you think USA trusts Israel? Or Israel trusts USA?
          Anybody in NATO alliance trusts ech other???
          Originally posted by Gegev View Post
          I see you like the IDIOT word. Is it your beloved one?
          LOL gegev.
          If you do not agree about the post lets hear it.
          Just the word IDIOT itself is not the lowest in rank worth applying in liew of so many mistakes and misconceptions in us.
          I feel I must say again that it does not apply to any particular member here.
          Alas ...
          Last edited by gegev; 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Turkey got involved in Syria or iraq earlier because of wests green light.
            I don't expect them to have such an opportunity as long as our government continues current foreign policies.
            Main part of that policy is keeping russia involved in our security.
            I think Turks have been promised a bigger part of the Syrian pie....unlike Iraq and Afghanistan (where US boots were present) in Syria they are doing more than just providing services of the airbases and ground supply routes....they also lost two F-4s lol

I also agree, Armenia's current foreign policy does address all these threats and maintains a good balance between them, and having good relations with Euro and the West, thats not easy to do, keeping everyone happy and not get shot.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

"I also agree, Armenia's current foreign policy does address all these threats and maintains a good balance between them, and having good relations with Euro and the West, thats not easy to do, keeping everyone happy and not get shot."
              Bingo!
              "Turks don't hate Syrians like they do Armenians and Syria is not in the way of Turkic expansion."
              Yatzee!
              Turkey would clean out what is left of Armenia precisely because of this point. Besides Russia no one else has the interest nor the power to stop the Turk..Yes panturkism will hurt Russia but it does not have to mean its doom while it will without question put an end to Armenia. The risks may be somewhat similar for Armenia and Russia but there is a big difference between death and disadvantage. Armenia has much more to lose then Russia should our relations go sour. This is another point some of the people here do not see. If you observe your world through love or hate then you will get a very distorted view of it-better to look at it in a rational manner.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

New Game In Eurasia

Igor Muradyan

On July 4 China and Iran signed an agreement in Beijing on cooperation and security. The agreement was signed by the Iranian minister of internal affairs Mostafa Mohammad Najar and the Chinese minister of public security Guo Shengkun.
                Internal affairs and security issues are concerned but it is crisp and clear that this agreement has much more political importance and may be considered as an important step towards political cooperation in Eurasia.
                This agreement has been preceded by a long period of Chinese-Iranian negotiations on a wide range of issues, including military and technical cooperation, which is a priority for Iran. However, military and technical cooperation between China and Iran started a long time ago and is progressing fast enough.
                An important aspect of recent development of cooperation was Russia’s refusal to provide S300 to Iran though Iran used to receive missiles from Chine. At the same time, Iran was claiming membership to Shanghai Cooperation Organization which was blocked by Russia and China but now Russia keeps to its previous opinion whereas China has obviously changed its opinion.
                The problem is not only issues that Russia will face in case Iran joins SCO but also China’s interest in enlarging SCO (perhaps the reluctance to accept Pakistan to SCO also matters).
                The game in and around SCO is not that simple, and if this club of states is not in the focus of public discussion, it does not mean that the international community, including the United States, Japan and Korea are not worried about the perspectives of this bloc.
                However, in this very period China prefers development of bilateral relations in Eurasia, and it remains a delicate issue though it is clear that the interests of China do not overlap with Russian interests.
                As a country with immense oil and gas resources and a considerable influence on the Near East and Central Asia Iran is a major “achievement” for China. (Iran and China are considering the opportunity of layout of a gas pipeline to supply several tens of billions of cubic meters of gas to China. It will change the state of energy in Central Eurasia and change dramatically energy supply of China.)
                Ostensibly, China considered Iran as a “reserve option” and argument in its dialogue with the United States and Russia, as well as the relations with Arab states in case it occurs to them to stop oil supply. Certainly, the geopolitical interests of China and Iran coincide in Central Asia where both states have strategic interests which do not contradict to each other.
                Interestingly, new negotiations on Turkey’s policy on Central Asia have been launched between Iran and China, perhaps relating to signals from Washington to oust Turkey from the Near East and directing its ambitions at Central Asia.
                Activation of Chinese-Iranian relations may also be related to the perspectives of rapprochement of Iran and the United States, improvement of their relations.
                Will a new geopolitical “triangle” or new confronting blocs form in Eurasia? Time will show. Meanwhile, a new game is outlining in Eurasia where various Eurasian doctrines will be reviewed.
                Someone was extremely anxious about “status” without understanding the new character of statehood and tendencies of international relations.

Last edited by gegev; 07-08-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

The question remains in my mind....how much did the Armenian Russians did to stop this arms transfer? it seems to me not a xxxxing thing but suck up to Russians, if this was US sending WMD we would have stopped them dead cold.

another question is why did this happen. Is it because of a new Russian leader that is changing foreign policy in the region or is it a warning from our comrades that Armenia's foreign policy is sawing too far for Russian comfort level and this is to punish our President for his balanced foreign policy.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    The question remains in my mind....how much did the Armenian Russians did to stop this arms transfer? it seems to me not a xxxxing thing but suck up to Russians, if this was US sending WMD we would have stopped them dead cold.

another question is why did this happen. Is it because of a new Russian leader that is changing foreign policy in the region or is it a warning from our comrades that Armenia's foreign policy is sawing too far for Russian comfort level and this is to punish our President for his balanced foreign policy.
                    Dear Edo this is partially because of the fact that regardless how badly Russia/Others treat us there are a lot of Armenians that are ready to justify humiliating/devastating actions of their bosses on their behalf.

So that Russians/Others don't even need to reply.

I don’t hate Russia, I just want to articulate that Armenia should be treated decently, Russian behavior in our case is immoral and it should explain its actions reasonably, w/o using their Armenian decent employees in that. If they don’t need Armenian support in Caucasus any more they should express it without ambiguous statements and actions. But eventually when they are going to destroy us; their is no need to assist them in it as an "ally", regardless of the employees claims.
                    Last edited by gegev; 07-10-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                      Dear Edo this is partially because of the fact that regardless how badly Russia/Others treat us there are a lot of Armenians that are ready to justify humiliating/devastating actions of their bosses on their behalf.

So that Russians/Others don't even need to reply.

I don’t hate Russia, I just want to articulate that Armenia should be treated decently, Russian behavior in our case is immoral and it should explain its actions reasonably, w/o using their Armenian decent employees in that. If they don’t need Armenian support in Caucasus any more they should express it without ambiguous statements and actions. But eventually when they are going to destroy us; their is no need to assist them in it as an "ally", regardless of the employees claims.
                      At the end of the day these men must ask themselves who they really are....some men can live like that, I cannot.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X