Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    In the interest, of furthering Armenian/Iranian relations: I want to ask three questions of everyone, except Mos:

1. As an Armenian, are you comfortable serving on the front lines of a war with Mos?
    2. Would you trust Armenia's military secrets to Mos?
    3. Could you trust Mos to handle Armenia's diplomatic relations?
    1. Yes....war is the only time you will see Armenian unity
    2. only up to his level of clearance held and been cleared for.
    3. Absolutely not.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      1. Yes....war is the only time you will see Armenian unity
      2. only up to his level of clearance held and been cleared for.
      3. Absolutely not.
      Endorsing under this, too.

Comment

Tell me one anti-Armenian thing I've said. Just because I look at politics in a pragmatic view and under the view of 'realpolitik' doesn't make me an enemy to my country. I love my country, people, and culture - and will proudly serve it in any sphere when the time comes. I'm bound to it only, not any second country, like some other Armenians are. Persopolis, you talk like you are an Armenian, being a non-Armenian, you have no authority to tell me my relationship to my nation.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Tell me one anti-Armenian thing I've said. Just because I look at politics in a pragmatic view and under the view of 'realpolitik' doesn't make me an enemy to my country. I love my country, people, and culture - and will proudly serve it in any sphere when the time comes. I'm bound to it only, not any second country, like some other Armenians are. Persopolis, you talk like you are an Armenian, being a non-Armenian, you have no authority to tell me my relationship to my nation.
          You're not anti-Armenian, but your view of politics is dangerously naive. Your theory that nations act in self-interest is too simple, and that is what you seem to use in all your arguments. Actions are always in the interest of someone/some group, but more often than not, at least in larger nations, these are not the interests of the general civilian population, but rather a group of people who aim to profit directly from these actions. Then, other times nations do act in self-interest, and yet even more times, they act in the name of friendship that may have no direct or indirect benefit.
          Your "realpolitik" is simply "naivepolitik"

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
            You're not anti-Armenian, but your view of politics is dangerously naive. Your theory that nations act in self-interest is too simple, and that is what you seem to use in all your arguments. Actions are always in the interest of someone/some group, but more often than not, at least in larger nations, these are not the interests of the general civilian population, but rather a group of people who aim to profit directly from these actions. Then, other times nations do act in self-interest, and yet even more times, they act in the name of friendship that may have no direct or indirect benefit.
            Your "realpolitik" is simply "naivepolitik"
            When I refer to self-interest, I refer to the notion of countries pursuing relations for some gain, let that be for some lobby group or oligarchs, in essence it's whoever is running the show in that given country. For example, US is a perfect example, they support dictatorships that favour them economically, while they pressure and invade countries on the grounds of "freedom" or "democracy" when really it's done so for economic position and gain. 'Realpolitik' is actually a real term that describes this notion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realpolitik). It also naive to think that countries act based off of principles such as "democracy" or some eternal "friendship". What keeps the world rolling? Economy of course - fuelled by natural resources such as oil and gas. Countries are perpetually positioning themselves to get ahead in this economic race and be above their competitors and ensure their country's superiority. It's the survival of the fittest at play.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Ilham Aliyev and Serzh Sargsyan to celebrate Novruz together

yerkir.am
              17:48 - 18.03.2011

Ilham Aliyev and Serzh Sargsyan are to join other regional presidents
              at Novruz celebrations in Tehran, Iranian media say.

The attendance of the presidents of Turkmenistan, Tajikistan,
              Afghanistan, Armenia and Azerbaijan has been confirmed, according to
              Iran's Mehr news.

The spring holiday festivities will be hosted by Iranian President
              Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

A high-ranking delegation from Qatar and the foreign minister of Oman
              are also to attend the celebrations.

The Novruz spring holiday, known in Persian as Nowruz, begins during
              the night of 20-21 March.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by haysip View Post
                Iran means Aryan land
                Ireland also means Aryan land
                England means land of Angh(Vulture in English)
                Armenia - Land of Aryan men
                Hay - superior to others
                Where did you get this BS from? Do you know the history of those countries and how their names evolved. For example Ireland is called Éire in Irish that in itself is derived from an ancient-Irish word called Ériu (a Gaellic goddess) so this alone proves that your little Aryan theory is worth nothing. Where did you even get the idea that England could ever mean land of the Aryans? Anglia, have you ever heard of that word?

Israel won't do sh!t for Armenia except invade the hell out of it. Israelis today are descendants of the Khazars that are still angry for what Russia did to them eons ago. That's how fu@ked up these people are and they are also after Armenian land so as long as Armenians kiss the ground they walk on, they will pull the soil out from underneath Armenian feet.

They sit there and make all this crap up just so they can claim rights to land.
                I never said anywhere that Israel would do something for Armenia, I said we could learn something and apply it to our problem. The one that can learn and adapt he fastest is the one that will survive in the end.
                No one cares where they come from, the only thing that matters is they are the ones with the power and they will stay there until someone with more power comes. That's how it works, history means zero in politics the only thing that really matters is power. If you want something you have to grab it and then see if you had a reason to grab it or not.
                Last edited by KarotheGreat; 03-20-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                  Where did you get this BS from? Do you know the history of those countries and how their names evolved. For example Ireland is called Éire in Irish that in itself is derived from an ancient-Irish word called Ériu (a Gaellic goddess) so this alone proves that your little Aryan theory is worth nothing. Where did you even get the idea that England could ever mean land of the Aryans? Anglia, have you ever heard of that word?
                  And what you state was created by the Brits so your theory isn't worth much either. The word "IRE" means anger or resentment.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    And what you state was created by the Brits so your theory isn't worth much either. The word "IRE" means anger or resentment.
                    I think I will trust the Irish and their version how they got their name against some one that wants to connect everything to Aryans and then calls conquering not Aryan, while history shows that every where the Indo-Europeans went they conquered the "original" population. He loves to make it sound like the Aryans were some kind of peace loving people that didn't do anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                      I think I will trust the Irish and their version how they got their name against some one that wants to connect everything to Aryans and then calls conquering not Aryan, while history shows that every where the Indo-Europeans went they conquered the "original" population. He loves to make it sound like the Aryans were some kind of peace loving people that didn't do anything wrong.
                      Well, interesting enough, I suppose you can claim Latin is an Indo-European language but it is Italic stemming from the Roman Empire.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X