Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    Even if the georgians migrated to their current location, we still intermarried with them. I didn't mean to imply that intermarriage and mixing happened on a mass scale with the georgians, but it did occur enough for us to be able to see genetic links between Armenians and georgians. Armenians are a mix of Aryan and Caucasian tribes that formed the Armenian nation some 3500-4000 years ago.
    I still dont see where u get the caucasian tribes from. can u explain me who r those caucasian tribes?

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Greeks, Persians, georgians, and Caucasian Albanians are the closest ethnic groups to Armenians. Hemshins are not a separate ethnic group, they are islamized Armenians.
      Armanen, you are absolutely correct - I even sent Mos a Harvard University study directly linking the Hemshinli to Armenians-&-Iranians. The link is above and worth reading.

Comment

Someone asked me to keep the site updated with energy projects - forgot who.

Iran pledges to be reliable gasoline exporter, including to Armenia
        March 15, 2011 - 21:49 AMT 17:49 GMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Managing Director of National Iranian Oil Products Distribution Company Farid Ameri said that the savings in oil products consumption in Iran totaled $1.8 billion, so that Iran will be a reliable gasoline exporter next year, according to IribNews agency.

Based on the agreement signed between Yerevan and Tehran, Iran will export 750,000 liters of gasoline and 750,000 liters of diesel oil to Yerevan on daily basis. By 2014, the 365 kilometer and 8 inch pipeline will transfer oil products from Tabriz to Yerevan.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
          Economics or not - We love you. Don't forget it.
          Thanks!
          Armenians are decent people, too; they appreciate good deeds of good neighbors. Especially the one who historically had been known as one of the civilization cradles; out of few.
          Last edited by gegev; 03-16-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
            You must be nuts - Armenians and Iranians have nearly identical DNA in 5 out of the 11 Y-DNA halpogroups measured in the link you sent me. DNA is an area of study I'm familiar with. Moreover, I can tell you that the J2, R1a, and R1b (Y-DNA) haplogroup information you sent a link for is not accurate for several countries (Not that it matters for the sake of our discussion). I actually know one of the people that studied Iranian DNA. Nevertheless, I find it funny that you didn't notice that Armenians and Iranians have very similar Y-DNA distribution. The chart you sent to me proves the opposite of what you intended.

Mos, maybe you're better with pictures:
            Armenians and Iranian may very well have DNA similarities given we have been neighbours for ages. However the DNA does not proof that we are ethnic cousins or brothers - that's what I'm refuting.

Pictures don't proof anything by the way. Stick to scientific evidence.

(though that last girl is pretty good looking )

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Why do you think the French backed the Turks while Britain backed the Greeks after both France and Britain working together against the Ottoman Empire? Who do you think brought the Kemalist National Assembly to power to make Turkey "more European" and separate it from the Middle East? There is a lot of evidence in the events that occured post WWI to suggest a conspiracy by Zionists.
            Obviously a more European Turkey would be of interest to the European powers. So are you saying that if it wasn't for these so called Zionists, that the Armenian genocide wouldn't have happened? Where is the evidence (aside from circumstantial or assumptions) that Zionists (of the world) were conspiring to eliminate the Armenian race?
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Obviously a more European Turkey would be of interest to the European powers. So are you saying that if it wasn't for these so called Zionists, that the Armenian genocide wouldn't have happened? Where is the evidence (aside from circumstantial or assumptions) that Zionists (of the world) were conspiring to eliminate the Armenian race?
              There are many writers and historians that have come to similar conclusions from circumstantial evidence (which is rather clear when you put everything under a microscope)

The Banality of Indifference: Zionism & the Armenian Genocide
              Auron's work is not going to be an enjoyable experience for those who are unwilling to grapple with to enter into contest with, resolutely and courageously.

Grapple some of the least pleasant aspects of Zionist history. In the introduction, Auron makes the bold claim that, during the First World War, the "Zionist leaders leaned, for the most part, toward the Central powers that had either committed the atrocities against the Armenians or, at best, done nothing to prevent them. In retrospect, most of the leadership of the Zionist community of Palestine supported not only the losing side, but also the `bad' side -- the immolators and the murderers." Auron also questions the J3wish-Israeli tendency to "emphasize the exclusivity and uniqueness of the Holocaust and of J3wish suffering." While his work deals with a particular topic, Auron is dealing with universal questions regarding persecution and the J3wish interpretation of other peoples' suffering. We must ask how J3ws, or perhaps more stringently, Israeli J3ws relate to the tragedies of others. While not losing sight of the enormity of the Holocaust, are not J3ws obligated, nonetheless, to examine the similarities, that which is comparable, or analogous? These are indeed very thought-provoking questions that need to be further addressed by both scholars and J3wish community leaders, both in Israel and in the Diaspora.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+Ba......-a080678619

So in the same manner, I support Iran's current leadership and their doubtful events of the Holocaust because it appears their leadership doesn't have sympathy for those who suffered the same fate. Blaming the Zionist policies against Armenians on the sole reason of "maintaining good status" with Turkey is a cop out.
              Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-16-2011, 05:40 AM.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

There are many writers and historians that have come to similar conclusions from circumstantial evidence (which is rather clear when you put everything under a microscope)

The Banality of Indifference: Zionism & the Armenian Genocide
                Auron's work is not going to be an enjoyable experience for those who are unwilling to grapple with to enter into contest with, resolutely and courageously.

Grapple some of the least pleasant aspects of Zionist history. In the introduction, Auron makes the bold claim that, during the First World War, the "Zionist leaders leaned, for the most part, toward the Central powers that had either committed the atrocities against the Armenians or, at best, done nothing to prevent them. In retrospect, most of the leadership of the Zionist community of Palestine supported not only the losing side, but also the `bad' side -- the immolators and the murderers." Auron also questions the J3wish-Israeli tendency to "emphasize the exclusivity and uniqueness of the Holocaust and of J3wish suffering." While his work deals with a particular topic, Auron is dealing with universal questions regarding persecution and the J3wish interpretation of other peoples' suffering. We must ask how J3ws, or perhaps more stringently, Israeli J3ws relate to the tragedies of others. While not losing sight of the enormity of the Holocaust, are not J3ws obligated, nonetheless, to examine the similarities, that which is comparable, or analogous? These are indeed very thought-provoking questions that need to be further addressed by both scholars and J3wish community leaders, both in Israel and in the Diaspora.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+Ba......-a080678619

So in the same manner, I support Iran's current leadership and their doubtful events of the Holocaust because it appears their leadership doesn't have sympathy for those who suffered the same fate. Blaming the Zionist policies against Armenians on the sole reason of "maintaining good status" with Turkey is a cop out.
                I still am not convinced at all that it was the "Zionists" who were responsible for the massacre of Armenians. Most of this is speculation and commentary on their inaction during these times. The argument that Israeli lobbies fight against AG resolutions is invalid, as that was as a result of Israel's strategic alliance with Turkey - when that alliance faltered their support stopped, and in some cases switched to supporting Armenians.

From the article your posted:

This is in stark contrast to the many prominent xxxish scholars of Holocaust and genocide studies such as Yehuda Bauer, Israel Charny, Sir Martin Gilbert, Deborah Lipstadt, and Elie Wiesel, who have all taken public stands in promoting knowledge of the Armenian genocide and combating the Turkish campaign of denial.
                So it's not black and white - all the J3ws of the world don't have a conspiracy against Armenians.

I support Iran's current leadership and their doubtful events of the Holocaust
                So now you doubt the Holocaust ever occurred?
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

So it's not black and white - all the J3ws of the world don't have a conspiracy against Armenians.
                  All the Turks weren't involved in the massacring of Armenians either.

So now you doubt the Holocaust ever occurred?
                  I have no proof aside from movies and books I was forced to watch and read in school (I certainly didn't attend a Hebrew school) while my own Armenian heritage was suppressed in a foreign land. Shouldn't education of such matters be more universal rather than focusing on a single event?

Iran has a legitimate stance in its dealing with Israel on the holocaust issue.
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-16-2011, 07:12 AM.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

All the Turks weren't involved in the massacring of Armenians either.
                    What's your point? So that makes Turks and J3ws equally responsible? Mind you not, you still have the proof that the role of some Turkish-J3ws was done on the basis of their j3wish identity rather than their Turkish identity, and that there was worldwide J3wish support for the extermination of Armenians.

I have no proof aside from movies and books I was forced to watch and read in school (I certainly didn't attend a Hebrew school) while my own Armenian heritage was suppressed in a foreign land. Shouldn't education of such matters be more universal rather than focusing on a single event?

Iran has a legitimate stance in its dealing with Israel on the holocaust issue.
                    I'm really not going to get into a Holocaust debate with you. I would love to see the evidence you put out that denies Holocaust ever happened.

Iran is not legitimate in denying the Holocaust or even putting it's legitimacy in question - if that's what you mean.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

I'm really not going to get into a Holocaust debate with you. I would love to see the evidence you put out that denies Holocaust ever happened.

Iran is not legitimate in denying the Holocaust or even putting it's legitimacy in question - if that's what you mean.
                      So why is it acceptable for Israel to deny Armenians their rights to world wide Genocide recogntion that might possibly lead to Armenians reclaiming ancestral land that was lost only a century ago? Iran is standing up for Armenians, why aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                      X