Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

I read the above articles in the wee hours of this morning and you guys make me so proud and happy with your ongoing interests and concerns about the outcome of our lands; especially nowadays our Artsakhian lands. Armenian, Armanen, Crusader, Yerazhishd, Jgk3, Karothgreat, Federate; did I miss anybody? Well forgive me if I did, but I loved reading on your comments, thank you. Though at this time they didn't comment, but there are two ladies that I really appreciate their inputs in here and their deep rooted patriotism, namely Lucin and Meline.

Now about Sargsyan, I am glad that he won't budge for the Artsaxian lands but I had no doubts about him and he isn't disappointing me whatsoever. I agree with you Armenian that Russia won't allow any war rhetoric from the azerbaboons to come into fruition as Russia seems to consider Armenia his ally much more than Baku. After all azerbaijan is really the extension of turkey in my books and I'm sure in Russia's understanding too. Except Russia is playing politics with them for their oil now anyways. We'll wait and see what the outcome will be and I hope your first scenario will come about Armenian; I mean about Artsakh to gain her freedom and a passage to Armenia. That'll be the day!!! The one thing I'm disappointed about is the climate of disappointing defeitus attitude in Armenia and in some of the youths in there; especially the negativity towards their Artsakhian brothers and the land. They should realize that the Artsakhian lands are also so very much vital for their own existence and not to downplay it.
    Last edited by Anoush; 10-28-2008, 05:12 AM.

Comment

What effect will the meeting between Armenian, Azerbaijani and Russian Presidents have?

The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict has always been a format of rivalry between Russia and the United States.
      Russian President Dmitri Medvedev’s Yerevan statement on his intention to invite the Armenian and Azerbaijani Presidents to Moscow for the regulation of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict was not an unexpected move. After the August events it became clear to everyone in the Region that Russia would not content itself with «compelling Georgia to peace»; there would also be other steps directed to the consolidation of cracked Russian positions in the South Caucasus.

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ That Russian positions cracked in the Region is quite a fact, and the regional states will hardly seek repetition of the Georgian scenario. Especially at the time of financial-economic crisis the policy of twisting arms, which, by the way, neither bypassed Russia, cannot lead us to a silent consent with the Russian viewpoint. However strange it may sound, Armenia found itself in a more advantageous position than Georgia or Azerbaijan. It has neither oil, nor passage to the Black Sea, but it has a great desire to settle the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with minimal losses. Now we shall not dwell on the fact that doing it behind the back of Nagorno Karabakh is not ethical at all. That's not the point. Yerevan has simply received a certain impulse and a little freedom of manipulation in the painful issue. Now the future of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic and that of Armenia itself depend on how Armenia will make use of the situation, and Yerevan cannot but realize the real value of the moment.

The Region is changing rapidly, and quite soon we shall have to deal with a fairly new South Caucasus. It presupposes new relations too: Russia-South Caucasus, USA-South Caucasus, and Turkey-South Caucasus. As for the Karabakh conflict, it has always been a format of rivalry between Russia and the United States. This rivalry has always existed, but it has become more intense now, and the latest events are the proof of it: the Washington meeting of Armenian Prime-Minister Tigran Sargsyan with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, the one-day visit of US Assistant Secretary of State Daniel Fried, and before it - visit of Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. However, Russia faces a serious problem after the «five-day war»: its image has been thoroughly destroyed in the eyes of the world community, and now Russia has to prove that militant solution of the South Ossetian and Abkhazian conflict was just an exception and that the Russian Federation is potent enough to solve its problems in some other ways too, i.e. through negotiations. “The events of August 2008 have created a new platform for the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Azerbaijan will never become a completely pro-western country, like Georgia is. Moreover, the latter has been disvalued as an oil and gas transit country and the world powers have given a fresh look at Armenia, whose ‘football diplomacy’ produced the desired effect. Turkey had started developing its Caucasus stability and cooperation pact still in spring of the current year and the five-day war in South Ossetia just pushed Ankara to action. Thus, the Turkish initiative has not only played its role in the Armenian-Azerbaijani relations, but it has also changed the whole situation in the region,” considers political analyst Sergey Minasyan. Minasyan also notes Russia’s «strange» intention to speed up the Nagorno-Karabakh process. “Presently Russia is imitating the Ramboullet and Bucharest scenarios. However, for the conflicting sides maintenance of the status quo and assistance from the U.S. and EU is more preferable. I am not sure that speeding up the process is in Russia’s interests,” Minasyan says.

According to Head of the Russian Duma Defence Committee Viktor Zavarzin, the intended meeting between Armenian, Azerbaijani and Russian Presidents will convey a new impulse to the Karabakh talks and will help to ease the stress in the Region. “Resolution of the conflict is possible only on the negotiation level with observation of international norms, and it should satisfy all the interested parties,” Zavarzin concluded.

One point, however, remains incomprehensible – how is it possible to satisfy all the interested parties of the conflict?

For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Thank you Armanen for the topic. The last point is well taken and wondering; how is it possible to satisfy all the interested parties of conflict? It's practically impossible. The azeri pests will never comply unless Russians put the muzzle on their ugly faces. Hopefully we'll get the 7 regions of Artsakh and a just passage to Armenia. We already have soooo very little land, you'd think the wicked world recognizes that fact; but if they don't we shall make them know it.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          The bastard will be taken care of give it a couple of years and his head will role. I don't know if it' Yerevan or the people of Gyumri but he will be taken down.
          I actually saw this guy at the Gyumri Park about 2 years ago. My father actually talked to him and asked if he knew a freind of his in Gyumri. The Mayors answer was, "I don't know him, but I'm sure he knows me".

In short, the guy was a arrogant prick.

Btw, after reading Federates post, I had the same feeling you have. That is, this guy wil be taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
            I actually saw this guy at the Gyumri Park about 2 years ago. My father actually talked to him and asked if he knew a freind of his in Gyumri. The Mayors answer was, "I don't know him, but I'm sure he knows me".

In short, the guy was a arrogant prick.

Btw, after reading Federates post, I had the same feeling you have. That is, this guy wil be taken out.
            H's not only hated by the people but also by the other mafia lords and the only thing keeping him alive is the support of the government in Yerevan and his bodyguard if one of them are gone he'll be death.

Comment

And why is it that officials in Yerevan give their support to this theif? Surely they can find an even more loyal person to govern Gyumri.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

He got Power in Gyumri, so if they want him out they need to take care of him but he's to powerful for that. He's been mayor for i don't know how long.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush
                  how is it possible to satisfy all the interested parties of conflict?

This is a big reason why I don't think we will see any peace plan agreed to by Armenia and azerbaijan. There are so many unanswered questions and too many powers trying to have it their way. I think too many people are making much more of the recent events in georgia, especially in relation to the NK conflict, then they ought to. The balance of power has shifted more to Russia, but the u.s./nato/eu are not 100% out, the turks and Iranians have stepped up their efforts as well. The whole region is a complete mess, it makes the balkans look like a calm place. I predict more of the same, that is the staus quo will remain after all is said and done this year and next.

I don't see true peace in the region, pan turanism is against the existence of an Armenian nation state, and the great powers don't want to give space to the interests and designs of their rivals. I think there will be a larger conflict in the future, involving many, if not all, the nations of the region. If Armenia comes out of this in a better position than turkey or azerbaijan, then this is one way we could realize our dream of a United Armenia. Since much of this is speculation, and events happen often that aren't controled by anyone, I think we should continue to work for a strong (in all aspects) and powerful Armenia on the lands that we currently control. Let's make the best of what we have!
                  Last edited by Armanen; 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                    He got Power in Gyumri, so if they want him out they need to take care of him but he's to powerful for that. He's been mayor for i don't know how long.

In your post above you wrote that the other mafia bosses hate him too, so couldn't officials in Yerevan use them to get rid of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      In your post above you wrote that the other mafia bosses hate him too, so couldn't officials in Yerevan use them to get rid of him?
                      What would change, getting one mafia lord for another one. And in the mean time many people would die. So they are keeping the status quo

Comment

Working...
                      X