Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections in Armenia

A Sober and Sobering Account of Recent Developments in Armenia by an Eyewitness

By Armen Ayvazian (Ararat Center for Strategic Research)

Yerevan, Armenia. I have been criticizing this government and predicting such an outcome during recent years. And, by the way, where was Levon Ter Petrossian all this time and why didn't he raise his voice against any injustice during these long 10 years?! I've been warning about the imminent breakup of the seeming stability again and again in my books, articles and interviews published in Armenian, Russian and English for the last decade. Moreover, they've been read by some of the highest representatives of the current establishment. I had a couple of chances to even personally discuss with some of them the criticality of the situation.

They did not agree that the situation is as bad as I depicted it and were disturbed and irritated. All of my efforts to bring them back to reality have just resulted not only in my further isolation from the centers of decision-making, but also in attempts to silence and marginalize me. Though they've not succeeded, I'm extremely frustrated that all my work has been almost in vain. On February 19, Armenia entered into a completely new and unfavorable phase; the day "X" I was talking about in my "Strategic Gaps" has already arrived.

However, Ter Petrossian and his team did not come "to right the wrongs," but just to exacerbate the situation to the edge. I'm a first-hand eyewitness of these recent events. The major clashes happened just 300 feet from my home and I've been hearing and watching everything from the beginning to the end. That day, Ter Petrossian and his team brought Armenia to the very brink of DISASTER. No one can prove to me that it was the police who instigated the clashes. It was not just a coup attempt, it was a cold-blooded attempt by Ter Petrossian & Co. to instigate a civil war! Ter Petrossian and his team are an immediate and overwhelming national security threat!

Please look at the bigger picture, look at the world powers waging Cold War IN ARMENIA, look at the map again and follow the news about the Azerbaijan's movements and all the preparations to start a war. What if Aliyev starts it now? What would we have? A divided Armenia and a divided Diaspora! Who has pushed the situation so far? Of course, the government has to be blamed for all the corruption and its woeful methods and low level of governance. But Ter Petrossian has clearly and cold-bloodedly targeted the national unity of Armenians! He clearly and cold-bloodedly played on the hayastantzi-gharabaghtzi artificial divide! He and his team clearly and cold-bloodedly instigated the mob to fire and throw grenades on Armenian soldiers.

My street was under the occupation of "revolutionaries" for about 7 hours. They were shouting at us: "come down, join us -- this is an uprising!" They were calling the Armenian soldiers to join them and fire on other Armenian soldiers. Now who can tell me about the facts better? Do you understand what was in stake? And what if just one battalion, or even a platoon joined this uprising? We would have ended up in a real bloody civil war with hundreds killed and mutilated and perhaps Artsakh and Syunik overrun by the enemy! What was Ter Petrossian's sick mind thinking at that time? I need neither to watch Armenian TV for the official version of events nor to read and listen about the ridiculous false versions now being circulated in the web by Ter Petrossian's supporters.

Please remember that Armenia is your only Homeland, irrespective of the government. Please do not alienate either yourselves or the diasporans from the homeland. Do not alienate yourselves from other Armenians. After reading my article, my dear friend from Canada has labeled me "a traitor of the nation"! Doesn't this remind you of good old 1937? Just one result of the Ter Petrossian's comeback into the big politics with his neo-bolshevik ideas: "Who is not with us, is against us"! But we are a small endangered nation with an endangered HOMELAND! The situation is extremely difficult and there is no easy way out of it. The solution that is most often being offered -- the resignation of Serj Sargsyan and new elections is not a solution. We simply cannot afford months and years of additional turmoil.

Երևան. մանրամասն մարտի մեկի իրադարձությունների մասին (1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQlXx...eature=related

Երևան. մանրամասն մարտի մեկի իրադարձությունների մասին (2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU__v...eature=related

Երևան. մանրամասն մարտի մեկի իրադարձությունների մասին (3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccYoo...eature=related

Երևան. մանրամասն մարտի մեկի իրադարձությունների մասին (4): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tI2E...eature=related

All of the things that I've posted is found or written by Armenian

Comment

As a "third party observer" studying this thread five years later, I can say that Armenian, Tigranakert, Armanen, HayotzAmrotz, Virgil, KaroTheGreat and like-minded posters easily "won" the information war and shined a light on the truth.

I want to post below some observations I made reading this thread.

1) Regarding the anti-Artsakh rhetoric in Yerevan that the levin camp used to incite their failed uprising, I agree with pretty much everything Armenian & company have stated. I see this attempt at artificially dividing Armenians along a "Yerevantsi v. Artsakhtsi" line as such a big threat to national security that I'd like to see Armenia pass a law criminalizing divisive anti-Armenian statements being made in Armenia. Some thoughts: Firstly, I refuse to give these people the satisfaction of calling it "Armenians v. Artsakhtsis". Clearly, Artsakh is part of the Armenian homeland/highlands, unlike Diasporan locations such as istanbul, Tehran, or Los Angeles. So, to borrow an ARF phrase "Artsakh is Armenia". The artificial "divide" is a problem that exists only in the minds of several thousand disgruntled Yerevan residents, inflamed by foreign-funded media. If anything, I'd call it "traitors v. Armenians", or "traitors occupying Yerevan v. Armenians from Artsakh". I think it is necessary to understand the metropolis and how it allows degenerates to thrive where in other environments they would have starved to or been beaten to death. Here I'd like to cite Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf, in which Hitler expresses his profound disgust with the perverse social atmosphere which modern metropolises create. Hitler explained his disdain of his experiences in Vienna, where a combination of detachment from nature, blood and soil, as well as the emotional and spiritual damage done to a man who becomes a wage slave working in jobs which produce nothing of value and in which he is always a few paychecks away from destitution, and the insidious and ever-present հրեայ anti-state internationalist/anarchist (Hitler called it Marxist, it has also manifested itself as bolshevist and globalist) ideologies are systematically seeded in order to rot and destroy society and the state from within. Sadly, any modern metropolis tends to produce situations where degenerates can survive like roaches on the streets and in the alleys, living off the crumbs of productive society, infesting the city and spreading their filth and disease. This is the case with Yerevan. The lowlife scum hate Artsakh and blame their failures on Artsakh because it is easiest to do. Any idiot can blame his own short-comings on others, it takes a real man to admit "gee, some of this may be my fault and some of it is simply out of my control". The sad truth is that this segment of Yerevan's population lacks most of all a lack of love for his nation and by extension himself. This reminds of a segment in a video presentation of the Nationalist Armenian Priest Hayr Komitas , where he describes an Armenian immigrant in Germany proudly boasting that his daughter has already forgotten how to speak Armenian, to which Hayr Komitas responds "Amot kez. Ooremen du ko aghchikat voch mi ban ches dvel vor enkan shoot otaratsel e". As Armenian has stated, the combination of a millennium of genetic damage coupled with the corrosive effects of poisonous anti-state ideologies, a weak economy and a total lack of institutionalized Nationalism have produced today's super-retarded "levonakan" types.

2) Armenian spoke of a strong anti-Artsakh feeling in California. I have no doubt it's true, not the least bit because California is home territory for the CIA where they have a near monopoly on Armenian media, even supposedly Nationalist media such as the local ARF organs. I'd like to make an observation: Out of the hundreds of thousands of Armenians in Los Angeles who immigrated from Europe, the Middle East or Iran, you will be VERY, VERY, VERY hard pressed to find even a handful who are anti-Artsakh. All the "Karabakhis are not Armenian" bullsh*t originates from and appeals to a specific small subgroup of lowlife recent immigrant Hayastantsis of the last 20 years, mainly from Yerevan. The majority of Haystantsi immigrants from the last 20 years are fine, decent people, I am referring to only a small, ugly subgroup of gypsys. These are the same losers who are the main cause of the name "Armenian" being associated with organized crime and thug street behavior. They were worthless petty thieves in Armenia, and they remain so in Los Angeles. The majority of recent Haystantsi immigrants, who are real Armenians also hate them because they usually live in the same neighborhoods and are often the victims of the criminal behavior of these gypsys. The Diaspora may be flawed in dozens and dozens of ways, but hating Artsakh is a prerogative of the gypsy segment of recent Armenian immigrants (except for sell-out scum like richard hovannisian and the traitors at the "Armenian" assembly).

Let's hope none of this ugly garbage resurfaces during next months Presidential elections in Armenia.
      Last edited by Sarkis86; 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

LTP has been invisible lately so i doubt he will resurface in time to do anything about this election. Does not look like Tsarukian or Kocharian will challange so there is no threat to the republican party in this round. It is a election year in Azerbadjan to and there may be a threat of military adventurism here to generate support and popularity for the dictator and to make his people forget about their real problems. There has been a lot of military activity in our region along with much militiristic dialogue on all sides. Add to this the war in Syria and threats to Iran and we can see a region filled with hi explosives waiting for that spark. I hope no regional war will break out but the possibilities are there and along with the danger they present for Armenia.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

What is everyone's opinion of Rafi Hovanessian and his current political positions?

Comment

I agree Haykakan. LTP is a political corpse. For this election, I was referring to the filthy "tradition" whereby after every election the opposition automatically declares "fraud" and tries to organize a riot hoping it will somehow lead to a Coup d'état. If it isn't LTP, there's always another judas to be found to do the bidding of the foreign interests aligned against Armenia. Raffi my-son-garin-is-a-homo hovannisian, vartan oskanstein, and some of the other leaders of the parties that joined LTP's HAK remain on the sidelines like jackals.

As for Kocharyan, I firmly believe that any public disagreements he has with Serj are staged. It would be a brilliant move in many ways, bring out the "Kocharyan boogeyman", so that the opposition is forced to side with Serj rather than Robert. As evidence, I'd like to cite the following news article which caught my eye a few years back (http://www.armtown.com/news/en/a1p/20090603/200906037/). Even back then the foreign funded "opposition" media were reporting on a Kocharyan-Sargsyan rift. From my knowledge of Armenian culture, when two powerful families are having disputes, the wives don't go strolling around the city together.

Regarding Tsarukyan, I can't figure his game out. He let that traitor oskanstein into his party, then promptly abandoned him when the state cracked down on his bribe-taking. As far as I know, the state hasn't targeted his businesses in any significant way. My guess is there are some under the table agreements that we don't know about.

For azerbaijan, apart from the elections, their steep and irreversible decline in their oil production capabilities is also worrying. According to many analysts from a few years ago, when oil revenues decline and people in azerbaijan get agitated over the failure of the azeri government to develop infrastructure, alleviate poverty or reoccupy Artsakh (especially in light of aliyev's much repeated "the azeri military budget is greater than Armenia's state budger"), the azeri gov't may feel it has nothing to lose, and that it will never be as "strong" as it is now. Of course, that doesn't include calculations involving gas production, the factor of georgia's dismantlement in August 2008 and the recent demonstrations of newly acknowledged, highly advanced weaponry by Armenia... In any case, the wider region currently looks like a powder keg, which is precisely why any attempts at a "revolution" in Armenia need to be rooted out and crushed mercilessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              What is everyone's opinion of Rafi Hovanessian and his current political positions?
              He's a piece of sh*t. Here's just one article on this clown.

Browse around, it becomes quite clear that this slob is a danger to Armenia. He stood next to highly anti-Armenian, Genocide-denying PACE President "mervet cavusoglu" and called for Armenia's voting rights to be suspended in PACE in 2008 after his partner levin petrostein launched riots. Azerbaijan took advantage of this chaos and the opportunity of seeing Armenia denied voting rights to introduce a bunch of anti-Artsakh resolutions in PACE back then. His wh*re sidekick, zahuri postanjyan is even trashier. If you are looking for a "clean and honest, Nationalist" candidate, raffi hovannisian should be at the top of your "Avoid these traitors" list.

Comment

Browse around, it becomes quite clear that this slob is a danger to Armenia
                Sadly he is not the only one, we have some here who are just as happy to follow!

God bless you Sarkis, you are a breath of fresh air! It does not matter that this is the best election yet! They will free a murderer, and refuse to say the G word, but are the first to strike down Armenia.

I just figured it out, they are more scared of Armenia coming to life then saying the G word itself. The J ew must be spending a lot of sleepless nights.
                Last edited by Vahram; 01-20-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

For anyone who is interested, here are drafts of four important laws I wish I could have passed in Armenia.

1) A law criminalizing as a hate crime any expressions of sentiment designed and calculated to produce an artificial divide between Armenians. This means a harsh punishment when a failed politician like levin ter-petrostein addresses a crowd while standing next to his հրեայ-բօզ wife and says "Karabakhis are evil", "Diasporans are all Arabized mongrels", "Natives of this region are better than that region". I think we could borrow some of the twisted "hate crime legislation" from the west and modify it for our own needs. Imagine how upset the western puppet-masters will be seeing Armenians utilizing their "hate crimes" rhetoric for nationalistic purposes! The only tolerable distinctions between Armenians should be "Nationalists v. Traitors", with the government and society being institutionally trained to despise and openly attack in public any manifestation of Traitorous behavior in our midst.

2) A law proscribing EXTREMELY harsh punishment for inciting or participating in any demonstrations after an election. Armenia must, once and for all, crush the grotesque tradition being established in the country whereby after every election the opposition marches into the streets, hoping to incite a riot leading to a color revolution. Armenia must absolutely destroy the traitorous opposition's fallback plan of nonstop protests. Levin and other scum like him will think twice if they know inciting a riot will only guarantee their prompt, and well publicized, execution by non-stop waterboarding.

3) A law expelling from Armenia all foreign "election observers", and making it the official, final and unalterable position of the Armenian government that Armenia formally and permanently rejects all foreign assessments and classifications of the Republic of Armenia, its government, its state bodies and institutions and its citizenry. This means that Armenia rejects and will not comment on foreign assessments of "democractic" or "undemocractic" elections; rankings on the Armenian economy being "free or not free"; levels of "corruption" in Armenia; "ease of doing business"; or any other tools of foreign pressure.

4) A law reiterating that Armenian sovereignty is non-negotiable, and that Armenian law shall forever trump any and agreements between the Armenian government and international organizations. That means when a group like the PACE, the EU, or the UN tries to pressure Armenia into complying with outside dictates, their representatives will be told that they are in violation of Armenian law and at risk for being arrested for contempt.

The first two might seem extreme, but I see them as necessary until Njteh-based Nationalism has been successfully institutionalized in Armenians for over a century or two.

Additionally, while we are on the topic of elections and politics:

I think it is time to demolish this monstrosity in Yerevan (http://unzipped.blogspot.com/2010/10...holocaust.html.) In its place, I suggest building a monument to Arab-Armenian friendship (being friends with the wealthy Arabs has advantages, like this (http://massispost.com/archives/7791). It also eases pressure on the Armenian Diaspora in Arab lands; counteracts the effects of CIA/հրեայ/turkish propaganda against Armenians in Arab states; and may crack azeri support among the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation states in the UN and other international bodies). We could also build a monument to the Palestinian Nakba (http://www.globalresearch.ca/photos-...s-in-gaza/7942), or even Armenian victims of հրեայ/yeshiva students hate in Jerusalem (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...-them-1.137099).
                  Last edited by Sarkis86; 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                    He constantly changes his positions, but I suspect him of being a CIA puppet. I don't think he also connects with haystanics well.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
                      He's a piece of sh*t. Here's just one article on this clown.

Browse around, it becomes quite clear that this slob is a danger to Armenia. He stood next to highly anti-Armenian, Genocide-denying PACE President "mervet cavusoglu" and called for Armenia's voting rights to be suspended in PACE in 2008 after his partner levin petrostein launched riots. Azerbaijan took advantage of this chaos and the opportunity of seeing Armenia denied voting rights to introduce a bunch of anti-Artsakh resolutions in PACE back then. His wh*re sidekick, zahuri postanjyan is even trashier. If you are looking for a "clean and honest, Nationalist" candidate, raffi hovannisian should be at the top of your "Avoid these traitors" list.
                      Can you please explain how he is a traitor?
                      Is he a bad politician and often make really poor political moves? Yes, but that's a big leap to make from making poor political moves to traitor.
                      As far as I'm concerned he is the least corrupt politician in Armenia. It's sad that he is the only option for a clean nationalistic politician, and I wouldn't say he is necessarily fit to lead the country, but that doesn't make him a traitor.

Originally posted by Sarkis86 View Post
                      For anyone who is interested, here are drafts of four important laws I wish I could have passed in Armenia.
                      I think it is time to demolish this monstrosity in Yerevan (http://unzipped.blogspot.com/2010/10...holocaust.html.) In its place, I suggest building a monument to Arab-Armenian friendship (being friends with the wealthy Arabs has advantages, like this (http://massispost.com/archives/7791). It also eases pressure on the Armenian Diaspora in Arab lands; counteracts the effects of CIA/հրեայ/turkish propaganda against Armenians in Arab states; and may crack azeri support among the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation states in the UN and other international bodies). We could also build a monument to the Palestinian Nakba (http://www.globalresearch.ca/photos-...s-in-gaza/7942), or even Armenian victims of հրեայ/yeshiva students hate in Jerusalem (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...-them-1.137099).
                      Why would you be for the removal of a holocaust monument?
                      Do you deny the holocaust, or is it just that you think it was justified?
                      A Holocaust monument has nothing to do with the state of Israel, or the current policies of the Israeli state
                      I find Armenians who take the Holocaust lightly or try to justify it really disturbing. How can you as an Armenian ever use the same logic to downplay the Holocaust that is used by Turks for the same effort for the AG?
                      Last edited by Mher; 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X