Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Alright to be shy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatWoman
    hummmm... you turn red cuz you probably have a fair/light skin, so do I and I do turn red from time to time hehe but it's not that bad EEK, most people think it's cute Alrighty, now a suggestion... GET A TAN, then you won't be as red and will be more confident to talk to people (if turning red is your main concern)

I have a rather bright skin but turning red is one of my concerns. All in all it's shyness! My voice is trembling sometimes when I'm talking to persons like one on one with teachers/nice stranger girls/etc...

About my voice trembling... When I had the first part of my BAC (It's sort of a big exam to get to enter in universities), I had to pass my Oral French which consists at reviewing poems/texts of famous french authors. I swear, when I talked to the unknown teacher, it was like if I was going to cry. I think she taught I was going to cry and gave me a 15/20...I'm happy but I don't think it is thanks my explanations because I don't rmemeber saying anything really intelligent..it's just she thought I was emotionally unstable.

Anyway, I won't whine about it..

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
      My voice is trembling sometimes when I'm talking to persons like one on one with teachers/nice stranger girls/etc...

About my voice trembling... When I had the first part of my BAC (It's sort of a big exam to get to enter in universities), I had to pass my Oral French which consists at reviewing poems/texts of famous french authors. I swear, when I talked to the unknown teacher, it was like if I was going to cry. I think she taught I was going to cry and gave me a 15/20...I'm happy but I don't think it is thanks my explanations because I don't rmemeber saying anything really intelligent..it's just she thought I was emotionally unstable.

Anyway, I won't whine about it..
      awwwwwww so cute I don't know about talking to people one on one, but the fear of public speaking is normal. You should have seen me when I gave my first speech no, actually I'm glad you didn't! However, later on in life (graduate school/career) you're gunna have to give out speeches to an audience of 40+ people, what do you plan on doing? faint? You have to overcome those fears one way or another, seriously cuz effective communication is a key to success, and you can't communicate your ideas effectively if you're that terrified.

Comment

Yeah imagien that 40 or MORE people. Your graduate career. Your whole life, in front of 40 OR MORE people. You have to give speeches, for GRADUATION.

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
          Thanks goey but how do I do when my face is getting red? People notice that kind of stuff. At least when my hearth is beating at 120mph, it often does not show up.......... pfff with all these emotions I'll die at the age of 30
          K, eek, buddy, your main problem is not that you're shy. Stop whining and stop saying pfff. This should solve most of your problems.

I know that you claim to be shy in most aspects of your life. But some of the examples you gave do not really support your claim. For instance, you mentioned the thing about taking notes and how it's easier for you to just look at a classmate's notes as opposed to asking the teacher to hold off on erasing the board. That's a matter of convenience. Then you mentioned your exam. You were just nervous that's all. So let's just narrow your shyness to social situations.
          Here are some steps to approaching a girl, I'm sure that there will be a general consensus here.

Approaching a girl (tailored to fit the demands of our very own eeeeek):

1. Make eye contact
          2. Move to step 3 if she notices it. Leave her alone if she doesn't (or pretends not to).
          3. Smile
          4. Move to step 5 if she smiles back. Leave her alone if she doesn't.
          5. Keep smiling and walk toward her.
          6. Move to step 7 if she's still smiling and looks interested. Say "hey" and keep walking if she's not.
          7. Introduce yourself and start a little chit chat. You said that you are shy, not incapable of flirting!

Comment

Originally posted by thedebutante
            ....etc

Approaching a girl (tailored to fit the demands of our very own eeeeek):

1. Make eye contact
            2. Move to step 3 if she notices it. Leave her alone if she doesn't (or pretends not to).
            3. Smile
            4. Move to step 5 if she smiles back. Leave her alone if she doesn't.
            5. Keep smiling and walk toward her.
            6. Move to step 7 if she's still smiling and looks interested. Say "hey" and keep walking if she's not.
            7. Introduce yourself and start a little chit chat.
            You said that you are shy, not incapable of flirting!
            THANK YOU. Now if all guys would just take this little bitty list and memorize it, please? Thanks!
            The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
              THANK YOU. Now if all guys would just take this little bitty list and memorize it, please? Thanks!
              Easier said then done hehe.

Comment

Ok I'll stop saying "pffffff"...and ye, I would probably faint before doing my speech. No I think I'll survive it...at school we often use to present articles/text/poems in front of the class.. I don't faint but then again we're 8

Comment

EEK I'm reading your posts and others here, and I'm wondering, do you have negative beliefs about approaching women? Do you believe that there is "abundance" when it comes to women, and that you can go out at any time and get a date if you want to? I think this depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for hook ups, sex, casual dating? Or are you looking for a relationship? Figure that out and the rest is history. The point is no one cares if you can approach women, get any woman you want, any number, go on many dates. You aren't supposed to prove anything to anyone, except yourself that you can do it. Block off the rest of the world.

However, the advice I gave you, doesn't matter if it's for mere hook-ups or relationships. The key is to break the ice with girls, to break the shyness, to approach, but in a unique way that will make you stand out from other guys. That is all this concerns itself with. This is merely showing you the way, it doesn't answer as to what you will pursue. What you wanna be interested in is creating the powerful force known as attraction. It is with attraction that a girl will melt in your arms and do anything as long as its with you, because you have made her feel that comfort, that power of attraction. Then it won't matter what you do or where you go, so long as she is with you, is all that will matter. Most guys worry about taking a girl to places or this or that or if she asks "so what do you wanna do?" guys reply "whatever you wanna do". Such things throw them off, for they show to them that you aren't taking charge of the situation. If you have made her feel that attraction toward you, then it wont matter what you do or where you take her, so long as she is with you.

You don't need to 30 to know this. Don't believe the shyt others tell you. You get out and practice now. Dude, just get out of your house and just "Hi" to random chicks. Don't hook up or ask for their numbers. Just say "Hi", and try to say "Hi" to at least 10 random girls a day to break the ice. Then follow up.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
                    Eek: Being called a "little pumpkin" by a girl doesnt help in the shyness department
                    Your just jealous. Plus it just fun calling him that.....and if he doesnt like it, then I will stop. SOOWWWIIEE !eek my little pumpkin!...hehee

But anyways to help you with the shyness thing I will stop. Im sure its getting on your nerves. BTW listen to anonys last long post. He said a lot of things you should listen too.
                    Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 11-17-2004, 01:17 PM.
                    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

What you wanna be interested in is creating the powerful force known as attraction. It is with attraction that a girl will melt in your arms and do anything as long as its with you, because you have made her feel that comfort, that power of attraction. Then it won't matter what you do or where you go, so long as she is with you, is all that will matter. Most guys worry about taking a girl to places or this or that or if she asks "so what do you wanna do?" guys reply "whatever you wanna do".
                      Ahh the Jungle Book.

Baloo: “So, whatchu wanna do?”

Mowgli:"ai don’t know, whatchu wanna do?”

Baloo: I-dunno, whatchu wanna do?”

Mowgli-I-dunno, whatchu wanna do?

Baloo: I-dunno, whatchu wanna do?”

Mowgli: I-dunno, whatchu wanna do?

Comment

Working...
                      X