Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    So you agree if criticisms against the government was against the law? Or it was against the law to have news papers that aren't approved by the government? Or it is against the law to deny creationism/evolution?

Approval and laws are different things.

There is a clear difference between executive decisions ( e.g. approval) and laws set by parliament.

Parliament has a duty to explain to the public as to why a particular law is created, typically through public debate.
    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      Show me an article in the law that allows a state to do something like that. Everyday people go and try to spread the word that evolution didn't happen and god created everything today we have prove that they are wrong, should they be charged with a crime? Or people who think the earth is flat? These are all lies, should they be charged with a crime? No country has any laws against lying, the only time you can not lie is under oath but that is something different.

Now you have to show me a law that states you can not lie! Because this is BS!
      if the only time someone thinks they have to tell the truth is when they are under oath they are morally bankrupt. People who think the world is flat are ignorant(it's hard to fix stupid). Your confusion as to (where do we draw the line )is telling.----- you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink----/Artashes

Comment

KarotheGreat , firstly i don't live in US and i don't give a xxxx about the US amendments and all i'm in Europe,what US has for law it will not make it also a universal one ok? the way of your thinking shows great american arrogance,the law is passed in France and its about what ever happens in there soil.
        US and others ps. like you shows arrogance of what is freedom of speach and how it can be used against others.
        For better understanding of the matter you should see how governments treat some religious sects or how they try to prevent one to be spread to its population for 1,2,3, reasons.
        All the Laws are a tool to determine of how we like to live in our country.

I'm very sad that u support turkish side ,cause it hearts only them what this has to do with your freedom of speech ? are you gonna say Genocide is a lie too? or are you our new Captain America guy?

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
          Too damn right.

End of argument !!
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

If we are serious about freedom of speech and democracy then we cannot allow institutions misuse that freedom of speech as pretext and a tool to change history and piss all over us by this well oiled denialist political machine. I hope it does pass because it will be a blow to Ankara.

Taner Ackam has it right:

What should be clear to everyone is this: In Turkey, genocide denial is an industry. It is also a state policy of primary importance. The National Security Council, Turkey’s highest constitutional authority, established in 2001 a Coordinating Committee for the Fight Against Baseless Claims of Genocide. All of the important ministries, including the Armed Forces, are represented on this committee, which is chaired by the vice prime minister. I repeat: Denying the genocide is one of the most important national policies of the Turkish state. You need to realize that you aren’t just confronting a simple “denial,” but you’re up against a “denialist regime.”

As long as Turkey continues this state policy of genocide denial through its institutions, relations, and mentality, Ankara will be sensitive to external pressure. In fact, this pressure should be increased. What happened in Libya and Syria needs to happen in Turkey also, with regard to genocide denial, even if the content and scope of the pressure are different.

If the West is serious about democracy in the Middle East, it cannot build democracy by supporting a denialist regime. Historical denial, both as institution and mindset, is probably the greatest stumbling block to peace and democracy in the Middle East. Why do Christians, Kurds, and Arabs in Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq feel intimidated by Turkey? Why aren’t they keen on Turkey’s intervention for democracy and human rights? Because they see, in today’s denialist regime of Turkey, the Unionists’ mentality that committed crimes against them in the past.

The South African regime didn’t collapse from internal pressure alone. The support of international public opinion was also very important. As long as the West allows Turkey’s denialist politics to continue, genocide denial will go on.

We are faced with the huge issue of how to prevent mass murders and genocides in today’s global community. To that end, the space for genocide denial in the international arena must be narrowed and ultimately eliminated. Turkey’s denial policy should be reconsidered within this perspective of prevention of genocide in the global world.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
              KarotheGreat , firstly i don't live in US and i don't give a xxxx about the US amendments and all i'm in Europe,what US has for law it will not make it also a universal one ok? the way of your thinking shows great american arrogance,the law is passed in France and its about what ever happens in there soil.
              US and others ps. like you shows arrogance of what is freedom of speach and how it can be used against others.
              For better understanding of the matter you should see how governments treat some religious sects or how they try to prevent one to be spread to its population for 1,2,3, reasons.

I'm very sad that u support turkish side ,cause it hearts only them what this has to do with your freedom of speech ? are you gonna say Genocide is a lie too? or are you our new Captain America guy?
              Amen!

A few people on this thread/forum post examples of turcish propaganda, post links to turc propaganda, seem to believe turc propaganda. It may surprise some people but not everyone sees the USA as the promised land.

In my view, if it walks like a turc, talks like a turc, it's probably a turc.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                Amen!

A few people on this thread/forum post examples of turcish propaganda, post links to turc propaganda, seem to believe turc propaganda. It may surprise some people but not everyone sees the USA as the promised land.

exactly
                if people haven't noticed, the American system is not perfect. Furthermore, the American freedom of speech has very strong limits on libel, slander, hate speech, and much more. It's like the morons who claim they can say whatever they want in a work or school environment, because they have a freedom of speech. There is nothing unconstitutional about a law that stops liars intentionally spreading hateful propaganda to dilute the minds of innocent bystanders and smearing basic historic and scientific facts.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                  Amen!

That's interesting to hear another point point of view about America than what I'm surrounded with every day. If anyone is interested here is my personal view of what is taking place here (America)now. America is not the promised.land any more. But if you gotta get out of dodge and go to another country it is still the place to shoot for . Unless you have action somewhere else. Unfortunately America is in great need of guidance when it comes to moral integrity. Now if you want to talk about multinational corporations moral integrity then then :quote:shakespear: To horse brother, I fear foul play is afoot./I'm actually more hopeful in Europe/Scandia realizing that this corporate model is the identical of Turk

Comment

In regards Eddo 211 comment //325 first part where he says:If we are serious about freedom of speech then we cannot allow etc. I would like to carry on from there and say:we cannot allow this wonderful freedom to be misused,we need to protect freedom of from dishonor. We need to understand freedom of speech, honor freedom of speech, and do not corrupt freedom of speech.

Comment

Just a thought: If their is any one in the world that seeks to be an person of honor and does not want to hear a mature responsible adult tell them to shut the f?ck up then the should not say things that warrant that/Artashes

Comment

Working...
                      X