Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    Thanks Yeraz, hope I didn't offend anyone.

And ...

Unless this was a pathetic attempt at a joke, you must be one of the anonymous dumbasses out there.
    You must not have a sense of humor, in which case I suggest massaging your funny bone.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post

Unless this was a pathetic attempt at a joke, you must be one of the anonymous dumbasses out there.

Read his name a little more carefully Saco.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

You must not have a sense of humor, in which case I suggest massaging your funny bone.
        That's funny, everyone laughs when I'm around? Maybe I just didn't understand what you were saying clearly. And I did read your name carefully, I just have a great sense of humor and removed one letter .
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

who cares? Yes, sex has emotional consequences, but everything does. No one is perfect, as long as someone admits they are wrong, made mistakes, even if it takes years the whole point is repentance. If Jesus forgives us if we repent, then why should another human judge us based on a certain sin.

Comment

Originally posted by yerkouhi View Post
            who cares? Yes, sex has emotional consequences, but everything does. No one is perfect, as long as someone admits they are wrong, made mistakes, even if it takes years the whole point is repentance. If Jesus forgives us if we repent, then why should another human judge us based on a certain sin.
            Exactly. There is no sin that cannot be forgiven; in fact if we are to be forgiven, we ourselves must also forgive those who have wronged us. That does not mean let them get away with it (as some turks might be quick to point out as soon as I post this), it just means "forgiving" them.

Comment

As an Armenian woman I was raised with a moral and social education in this area, but really so many other nationalities raise thier female children with this ethic. Its only been since the "sexual revolution" here in the states that people have taken on the ideal that multiple sex partners and pre-martial sex are an exceptable norm. It is the sad downfall of a moral ethic in society today that ignites this sort of discussion in the first place.

The ideal of a woman being chaste is not exclusive to Armenians. Historically men and woman worldwide have been raised with this ethic. Women took pride in themselves once upon a time.

The statement made regarding Armenian women being traumatized by thier parents regarding sex seems a bit over the top. I was never traumatized to the point that I feel my sexuality is an issue.

I also do not understand the issue of feeling that you are missing something if you dont go into a relationship/marriage without as much experience as a man? Do you honestly think that if a man loves and cherishes you that lack of experience will be a hendrence in the sexual aspect of your relationship?

Now seriously girls (referring to the girls constantly generalizing about the way Armenian men are) Armenian men are really no different from most men in general, in regard to wanting the woman that they are with not to have been sexually promiscuous in her past. The truth here is that what an odar will say to your face when he might think he can be with you and what he really thinks are two different things.

Lets face it when it comes down to it girls it doesnt matter what nationality a man is that you are interested in, your reputation and they way you carry yourself will determine the way that the man treats you and the manner in which he regards you. If you have no respect for yourself, carry yourself in a manner that tells men around you that you do not respect yourself chances are that you will meet up with those Armenian men that will detect this in you and probably be more than willing to let you know what they think about you and your actions and therefore become jerks in your eyes.

And please do not take this post as my way of putting myself up on some pedestal. I honestly just do not see why the struggle to retain certain ethical and moral codes in our families is so much of an issue to so many young people. We should be proud of the fact that our parents teach us to honor ourselves as strong women.
              Last edited by Anush; 12-09-2008, 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

My opinion is that Armenians need to have sex more with each other both for play and procreation. Basically, "grow up and live a little, you may actually like it".

Strength in numbers.
                Between childhood, boyhood,
                adolescence
                & manhood (maturity) there
                should be sharp lines drawn w/
                Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Maybe Armenians do need to have more sex, cause the country is suffering with the severity of emigration to the West (EU, Canada, US etc). The country already is crying out for people not too leave. Armenia not making money combined with people leaving is a recipe for disaster. Until the Armenian Government can serve its people by giving higher wages and better living conditions the people will keep leaving for a better life. I understand its hard for former Soviet Countries to develop but seriously the former Soviet Countries need to do something quick before it gets worse. But Armenia has been improving its lives for its people but often too slowly and stops and starts development. When I was in Armenia I was talking to a worker who works in Tourism as well and he was getting paid less then $100 a month and there were no bonuses or good incentives for the industry (and a lot of other industries as well). So sex is the key, Armenians can only have kids if the countries living conditions can provide the parents to bring their kids up in a prosper environment until then its useless and might as well as have sex in the West (EU, US, and other Western Countries).

Comment

Looks like the population of conservative societies are growing at an alarming rate compare to the liberal ones where sex is open season for all. Once the sanctity of procreation is "liberated" people are seeking the pleasures without the creation itself. It seams that Nature/God (depends which side of the fence you are) offered us this pleasure for a purpose.

Comment

• Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

I agree. Condoms have fundamentally changed our way of life especially. Sex and relationships just weren't regarded in the same way in older societies where having raising families was better understood.

Comment

Working...
                      X