Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How does everyone feel about Israel?

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
    Our new Supreme Leader thanks you ....

Dont see much of "new"

Comment

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

No. But Iranians are less shy about putting divisive or unpatriotic Iranians in their place. http://jahanshahjavid.blogspot.com/
      Maybe. But in the current social/political atmosphere in Iran, the patriotic ones are being ridiculed and put down... to the point where the society is almost divided into two, I won't go into further details as you know what I'm talking about.

- If those ideas get a strong footing among the people in Yerevan, Iranian tourists that experience that behavior are never coming back. That sentiment will trickle all the way up to the government level in Iran, and then someone in the Iranian government will say: "If Yerevan ridicules Iranians/Muslims..." then => "Maybe Aliyev is not such a bad guy" or "Let's turn Vank cathedral into Hezbollah's new headquarters" or "Of course Azerbaijan can use the Iranian corridor for attacking Yerevan." I'm doing Armenians a favor by pointing this out: "Stupid-is-as-stupid-does," as they say, Lucian-jan. The Iranian-Armenian community should contact Yerevan and let them know they need to fix the Armenian educational system ASAP (throw out Stalin's old text books) and make bolstering the Iranian/Armenian relationship a top priority. You'd be surprised at how many times I've had to explain to people on this forum that Russia gave Armenia's lands to Turkey - not Iran; you'd be surprised at how many times I've had to explain to Armenians that Armenians are part of the larger Iranian community and have been for centuries. You'd be surprised at how many times I've had to point out that Iran let Armenian's fleeing the AG into Iran and stopped the Ottomans at the border.
      "Yerevan ridiculing Iranians"? Why do you always take a few people's opinion and swing to the extreme? It' never been and will never be the way you describe. The overall sentiment of Armenians towards Iranians have always been positive and vice-versa. It has been so because our relations are natural..
      And most Armenians know about their history and are conscious of the urgency and significance of Iran-Armenia as well as Russia-Armenia relations. There are some who are more oriented towards Europe and America, but are not as loud..

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      And how do I act that so disturbs you?
      Mos, I have nothing against you. I'm just surprised how you turned 180 degrees.
      Last edited by Lucin; 04-08-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        "Yerevan ridiculing Iranians"? Why do you always take a few people's opinion and swing to the extreme? It' never been and will never be the way you describe.
        Your answer is in the quote below - let's assume he's right and let's suppose the Armenian community writes it off as "a few people's opinions" while word starts circulating around Iran OR word start circulating among a limited number of Iranians holding government positions (e.g., running economic ministries or military officers ....)
        V
        V
        Apparently you haven't roamed the villages of Armenia that much. There's good amount of Islamophobia....

"....The overall sentiment of Armenians towards Iranians have always been positive and vice-versa.
        Would you go on Iranian TV, show the picture below and say "I'm an Iranian-Armenian, my name is Lucin, I hope this improves our relations?" Good luck with that Lucin.

Originally posted by retro View Post
        Maybe he kissed her!

Did you see what Aliyev & the CIA did in Tabriz with the publication of 1 cartoon?
        Just take the asterisk ("*") out of the link to watch: http://w*ww.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxqNxKutoo
        Last edited by Persopolis; 04-08-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

"Would you go on Iranian TV, show the picture below and say "I'm an Iranian-Armenian, my name is Lucin, I hope this improves our relations?" Good luck with that Lucin. "

No, she will get stoned (most civilized way of modern execution) )))
          Last edited by Mukuch; 04-08-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
            "Would you go on Iranian TV, show the picture below and say "I'm an Iranian-Armenian, my name is Lucin, I hope this improves our relations?" Good luck with that Lucin. "

No, she will get stowned (most civilized way of modern execution) )))
            Maybe. But that will guarantee that nobody else will attempt it in the future. If you don't want to be made an example of, don't do the crime. Whereas in other states, people just "have accidents" or become "terminally ill" until there are no more problems left. People who abide by laws don't need to worry about these things. Also remember that it only takes one extremist party to take over a country in order to bring traditional laws such as stoning back from the grave. Although it might not be practiced today in Israel, stoning is also mentioned in the Torah.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Mos, I have nothing against you. I'm just surprised how you turned 180 degrees.
              But I haven't turned 180 degrees.

Your answer is in the quote below - let's assume he's right and let's suppose the Armenian community writes it off as "a few people's opinions" while word starts circulating around Iran OR word start circulating among a limited number of Iranians holding government positions (e.g., running economic ministries or military officers ....)
              V
              V
              Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm just telling what people are thinking and saying. Though I believe the Islamophobia is more connected to Turkey and Azerbaijan than Iran.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Maybe. But that will guarantee that nobody else will attempt it in the future. If you don't want to be made an example of, don't do the crime. Whereas in other states, people just "have accidents" or become "terminally ill" until there are no more problems left. People who abide by laws don't need to worry about these things. Also remember that it only takes one extremist party to take over a country in order to bring traditional laws such as stoning back from the grave. Although it might not be practiced today in Israel, stoning is also mentioned in the Torah.
                Take it easy, stoning is mentioned fierst of all in Bible.... but it was 2000 years ago... and sins when expressing diferent opinion is a crime?

Comment

No, she will get stoned (most civilized way of modern execution) )))

In Iran, stoning as a punishment did not exist until 1983, when the contemporary Islamic penal code was ratified. Many Muslim jurists in Iran are of the opinion that although stoning can be considered Islamic, the criteria under which it can be imposed as a sentence are stringent; because of the large burden of proof needed to reach a guilty sentence of adultery, its penalty is hardly ever applicable. However many sentences of stoning have been made instead on the basis of the "knowledge of the judge".

Following vociferous domestic and international controversy and outcry over stoning in the early years of the Islamic republic, the government announced a moratorium on stoning in 2002. In January 2005, the Iranian judiciary spokesman Jamal Karimirad was quoted as saying "Stoning has been dropped from the penal code for a long time, and in the Islamic republic, we do not see such punishments being carried out", further adding that if stoning sentences were passed by lower courts, they were over-ruled by higher courts and "no such verdicts have been carried out." Nevertheless, stonings were reported in 2006 (a man and a woman, not officially confirmed), 2007 (a man), 2008 (three men, one unsuccessfully) and 2009 (a man). In 2010, a woman Sakineh Ashtiani had her stoning sentence suspended after an international campaign.

In 2008, judiciary spokesman Ali Reza Jamshidi said that stoning would be removed from the penal code in new legislation. A draft revision of the law without stoning was prepared by the Judicial and Legal Commission of the Majlis by mid-2009, though commentators were in disagreement over whether it would make stoning impossible.

Take it easy, stoning is mentioned fierst of all in Bible.... but it was 2000 years ago... and sins when expressing diferent opinion is a crime?
                  The Torah is the first five books of the Old Testament lol.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Sorry I had missed that one. What did you expect, it comes from Mos... but seriously you know that it’s a big lie... I have visited a lot of villages in Armenia, I have nowhere seen such sentiments. The village Mos is talking about is somewhere in his head. On the other hand, we must admit that there are Iranians not so well-educated who still consider Christians as 'kafar'. So it exists on both sides.

Apparently you haven't roamed the villages of Armenia that much. There's good amount of Islamophobia....
                    El herika anhamutyun@ zzvetsink... they taught you in America it's classy to be islamophobic?

No, she will get stoned (most civilized way of modern execution)
                    I wouldn't get stoned. But look what's happening right now in Armenia around the hraparak area, some have taken to the streets because there is music, dance and a clown called LTP 'singing' for them. As few as the may be, it destabilizes the country. Such things never happen in Iran for instance on a regular basis. The slightest attempt is stopped right away. So I'm shocked to see people who can roam easily in the streets whenever they feel it.
                    Last edited by Lucin; 04-08-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

El herika anhamutyun@ zzvatsink... they taught you in America its classy to be islamophobic?

I wouldn't get stoned. But look what's happening right now in Armenia, some have taken to the streets because there is music, dance and a clown called LTP 'singing' for them. As few as the may be, it destabilizes the country. Such things never happen in Iran for instance on a regular basis. Actually I'm shocked.

Who said I am islamophobic? (by the way never in my life have been in America I just don’t like totalitarian or semi-totalitarian regimes..... And o yes you would get stoned for what Persopolis offered you do And YES things that happen in Iran are much worse than what sometimes happens in Armenia. Many people do not agree with Islamic regime and they naturally protest.

Comment

Working...
                      X